As we speak I would like to introduce to you one of the successful free to play - games: the double Golden Joystick - winner "League of Legends" by Riot Games!
League of Legends is a MOBA-Game (Multiplayer On-line Battle Arena), which is oriented in direction of the well-known Warcraft three - Map "Defense of the Ancients".
For those who by no means performed DotA (are there any?) and who do not know the game idea I'll clarify it intimately:
League of Legends doesn't put excessive necessities on your PCs. You need a minimum of:
- processor with 2 GHz - 1 GB RAM, - DirectX 9.zero capable video card, - 750 MB free onerous disk area, - DSL or similar
Create an account either on the server EU West, EU Nordic/East or US, relying on where you live. You can also create an account on US while residing in Europe but you'll expertise greater pings then. I give you a hyperlink to create an account in my author's bio. Select a reputation (always the toughest part) and a nice picture and off you go!
There are 2 teams 5 gamers (there are extra game modes, but they don't seem to be vital at first because as a newbie you need to begin with 5vs5 to study the gameplay). Before every match you all select a "champion" who's the character you want to use in battle. Dependant in your private preferendes it may be e.g. an undead mage, a giant granite golem, slightly boy using on a Yeti, a courageous knight and lots of more.All in all there are more than 80 (!) completely different champions and every second week one is added.
Each champions has 4 totally different talents (three regular and one further sturdy, the "Final") and a passive, which he has for the reason that beginning. You be taught the abilities by leveling up ingame and your max champion degree is 18 which suggests that you've 5 points in each regular skill and three in your ultimate.
You receive experience for levelling up by:
1. Being close to when enemy minions or neutral monsters are killed by your troops (it is not necessary to kill them yourself!)
2. killing or assisting to kill enemy champions
In the beginning you typically play no matter you want, later it's useful to communicate with your teammembers before the match begins so that you have a balanced setup and not 5 champions of the same kind.
The different sorts of champions are roughly:
1. Mages ("AP Carries": AP means ability energy, they mainly deal magical harm with their talents)
2. Fighters ("AD Carries": AD means Attack Injury, they mainly deal bodily harm with their autoattacks)
3. Tanks (They're onerous to kill and shield their very own carries, for example by gorgeous or taunting the enemies)
4. Helps (They've both buffs or heals to support their carries and maintain them alive)
5. Junglers (They don't begin within the lane however in the jungle and help their teammates by ganking and ambushing the enemies)
The attention-grabbing point is: Relying on the items you equip in your champions they're usually able to satisfy completely different roles!
To start with you do not have personal champions, but every week there are 10 free ones which everyone can use. After some matches you should buy extra champions with influence points (IP) within the shop. I will come to this later.
The map has three completely different lanes, which lead from your own to the enemy base. On these lanes there are a number of Towers which it's essential to destroy before you'll be able to attack the base itself. As a support your predominant building ("Nexus") spawns minion waves in short intervals which aid you in fights. Between the lanes there is the "jungle", the place neutral monsters are located. For those who kill those you obtain gold and/or non permanent buffs.
As quickly as the match begins everyone has a couple of minute to spend his beginning capital on items in the shop.
This doesn't take lengthy since you don't have a lot gold in the beginning. There are other ways to earn gold in the game:
1. Everybody receives gold over time
2. Killing enemy minions or impartial monsters (right here it is very important give them the ultimate blow, the so referred to as "lasthitting")
3. Killing or aiding to kill enemy champions
4. Destroying enemy buildings (towers and inhibitors -> destroying them makes your minions stronger)
5. There are a number of objects which grant you further revenue (the so called gold/5 objects -> they provide you 1 gold every 5 seconds)
If you destroy the enemy primary constructing (Nexus) your team wins. For being able to attack the Nexus, however, you need to destroy all 3 towers and the inhibitor on at the least one lane and the 2 towers which defend the Nexus. So it is not the very best concept to hunt the enemy champions 24/7 if you happen to do not push the lanes on the same time. A mean match takes 30-forty five minutes, rarely greater than an hour. As soon as the match reaches minute 20 it is also possible to surrender.
More game modes are a 3vs3 and a reasonably new domination map ("Dominion") the place you need to capture and defend certain points. As well as there are ranked modes for players with summoner level 30 (rationalization follows) wherein you receive an Elo rely depending in your wins and losses. For rookies I highly advocate the conventional 5vs5 map!
The summonersleague of legends tee shirts
of Legends also has an RPG part. You do not solely choose a reputation and an image for yourself (you're a so referred to as "summoner", don't mix it up with the "champions") but you're additionally able to level up yourself and purchase small buffs with Affect Points (IP).